Saturday, December 20, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals

I hope early childhood educators could:



                  When working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds, we should always have a open-minded and respectful mind to "discover" other cultures. The more people practice equity in school, the better chance to advocate for equity and social justice world in a long run!


Goal:

 

If everyone who work in the early childhood field could put them their judgment glasses, I believe they will see tons of positive and wonderful side of children and families. Passion is related to love, if we have bias inside us, it is hard to love/ support the child and provide them an equity environment. It is important to be aware of our mindset. We do not have to love all children, yet we should NEVER judge them despite their social identities.


I would like to thank you all my colleagues for sharing their stories and suggestions ! All your experiences and suggestions are very valuable to my professional growth. I really enjoy reading all the strategies or methods that you have been working with children and families from diverse background. I believe with all dedicated group here, we will expand our dedication and passionate to advocate equity, social justice and diversity in our work and expand to the society.

Good Luck Everyone in your journey of promoting equity and social justice! It is not easy and would not be a quick fix. But with everyone's effort, I believe even little effort would make a social change to someone. 

Happy Holidays!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Yee,
    Nice post! I love the quotes. I agree that we should keep an open mind and be respectful towards children and families. It is true that if we allow our personal bias to interfere with our teaching, it will be hard to love and support children as well as to provide an equitable learning environment. I wish you all the best in your next class and future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete